– March 2022 –
OLLIP P.C. hires Articling & Summer Students/Legal Interns (law students, paralegals and law clerks are welcome to apply).
- Every 1-2 years, OLLIP P.C. seeks to hire a student-at-law to commence the summer after graduation, and article for a period of eight to ten months (subject to modifications by the LSO)
- Our previous students have come from law schools across Canada and overseas. They have built careers as private practice lawyers both within and beyond the Firm, started their own practices, worked in government, and have contributed to academia.
- Articling Students are involved in strategy, research and preparation of legal documents. They will also be exposed to all aspects of intellectual property practice, including:
- Expungement proceedings;
- Trademark prosecution/opposition; and
- Trade secrets
About the Firm
OLLIP P.C. is a boutique law firm specializing in intellectual property and technology law, located in Ottawa. We protect IP assets for clients of all sizes (whether they be small, trendy local businesses or large multi-national corporations) across the province, country, and the globe.
By offering a broad range of IP experience—brand protection, litigation and appeals, copyrights, domain names, trademarks, industrial designs and mobile and e-commerce products—we have become a leading Canadian IP agency, helping to prepare, file, prosecute, protect and renew IP rights.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application via email only at email@example.com.
It is strongly recommended that students have taken: i) administrative law, ii) civil procedure, iii) evidence, and iv) a basic IP course, or can otherwise demonstrate a working knowledge in these subject areas through other coursework/work experience, prior to submitting an application. However, students who have not taken the aforementioned courses may still apply.
NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to commence articles in August 2022. Exact date is negotiable. It is recommended that both lawyer licensing process examinations, Barrister & Solicitor (“bar exams”) are completed before the commencement of the student’s articles.
OLLIP P.C.’s Response to COVID-19
OLLIP has introduced a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19. Accordingly, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof of full vaccination. Any exemption request will be considered on a case-by-case basis and granted only where the request meets the requirements of applicable legislation.
As the situation surrounding COVID-19 continues to improve (as of the date of this posting), the position is “in-person” in our Ottawa Office. As such, the successful candidate will be expected to reside in Ottawa or the surrounding areas. However, should the situation evolve, OLLIP P.C. is equipped to work remotely.
Application Deadline: April 29, 2022 at 5pm EST
- Kindly submit the following: cover letter, resume, and a copy of all post-secondary transcripts, merged into one document in PDF format.
- The subject line of the email must indicate: Articles 2022-2023 – Law School GPA – and one word that describes why you chose the legal profession.
- The cover letter format must be in size 12 font, 1-inch margins, and must not exceed one page in length. Your letter must also include an answer to the question: “What is your special talent?”
- Cover letters are to be addressed to Ms. Julie Daet, Associate Lawyer.