OLLIP P.C. hires Articling & Summer Students/Legal Interns (law students, paralegals and law clerks are welcome to apply).
ARTICLING STUDENT 2021-2022 (Ottawa Office)
[Update: Feb. 19, 2021 at 5:01pm – this position is now closed to further applications]
Note on COVID-19: In light of the continuously evolving situation around COVID-19, OLLIP P.C.’s articling program practices are subject to any guidelines/direction issued by the LSO, and/or other public health order. OLLIP P.C. is equipped to work remotely. However, should the situation change in Ontario over the course of the articling period, the successful candidate will be expected to be available to work in our physical Ottawa Office.
- Every 1-2 years, OLLIP P.C. seeks to hire a student-at-law to commence the summer after graduation, and article for a period of ten months
- Our previous students have come from law schools across Canada and overseas. They have built careers as private practice lawyers both within and beyond the Firm, started their own practices, worked in government, and have contributed to academia.
- Articling Students are involved in strategy, research and preparation of legal documents. They will also be exposed to all aspects of intellectual property practice, including:
- Expungement proceedings;
- Trademark prosecution/opposition; and
- Trade secrets
Submitting Your Application
To apply, please submit your application via email only at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students must have taken (or will be taking) the following courses to be considered for an articling position: i) administrative law, ii) civil procedure, iii) evidence, and iv) a basic IP course. Candidates who have not taken these courses may still apply, but must demonstrate experience/other coursework which draws on these subject areas.
NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to commence articles in July 2021. Exact date is negotiable. It is recommended that both lawyer licensing process examinations, Barrister & Solicitor (“bar exams”) are completed before the commencement of the student’s articles.
Application Deadline: February 19, 2021 at 5pm EST
- Kindly submit the following: cover letter, resume, and a copy of all post-secondary transcripts, merged into one document in PDF format.
- The subject line of the email must indicate: Articles 2021-2022- Law School GPA – and one word that describes why you chose the legal profession.
- The cover letter format must be in size 12 font, 1-inch margins, and must not exceed one page in length. Your letter must also include an answer to the question: “What is your favourite month of the year, and why?”
- Cover letters are to be addressed to Ms. Julie Daet, Associate Lawyer
Current Articling Student for 2020-2021
- Student: Kira Berkeley
- Law School: University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law