– April 2023 –
Behind every professional is an extraordinary team of assistants and paralegals. OLLIP P.C. values and trains our support staff with a long-term association view in mind.
You will be working autonomously and also providing the support needed for the effective and efficient delivery of administration services within the firm and to clients. This position will appeal to a dynamic person who is well organized, detail-oriented, outgoing and who enjoys working as part of a team to deliver excellent client service.
- Client intake
- File Opening/Conflict checks
- Contact with clients, foreign associates & external governmental bodies
- Compose, draft, revise and report documents/correspondence
- Document filing with Courts, CIPO and foreign IP offices
- Legal research
- Review, update and maintain dockets
- File management and billing
About the Firm
OLLIP P.C. is a boutique law firm specializing in intellectual property and technology law, located in Ottawa. We protect IP assets for clients of all sizes (whether they be small, trendy local businesses or large multi-national corporations) across the province, country, and the globe.
By offering a broad range of IP experience—brand protection, litigation and appeals, copyrights, domain names, trademarks, industrial designs and mobile and e-commerce products—we have become a leading Canadian IP agency, helping to prepare, file, prosecute, protect and renew IP rights.
- Completion of High School, college or technical training
- Legal Assistant Certificate or Paralegal Diploma
- 1+ years experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Be resourceful with ability to take charge and complete tasks
- Be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Have a positive can do attitude with client service as a priority
- Be confident and able to work on your own, with guidance or as a team
- Be able to adapt to changing priorities
- Be result oriented
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Legal Writing/Document Preparation
- Have the ability to think independently and solve problems; and
- Possess strong computer skills, including knowledge of Amicus Attorney, MS Word and Excel.
How to Apply
- To apply, please submit your application via email only at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application Deadline: Open until suitable candidate is found
- Kindly submit the following: cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a copy of all your post-secondary transcripts. The subject line of the e-mail must indicate the job description, years of experience, one word describing applicant’s unique skill and favourite month of the year
OLLIP P.C.’s Response to COVID-19
OLLIP has introduced a COVID-19 mandatory vaccination policy that requires full vaccination against COVID-19. Accordingly, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof of full vaccination. Any exemption request will be considered on a case-by-case basis and granted only where the request meets the requirements of applicable legislation.
Applications to be accepted on a rolling basis, until suitable candidate is found.